Below is a list of this author’s published Progressology articles:
- Who Cured it Better: Multiple Doctors or the Internet?
- Signature Spice: Interesting Email Closers
- A Chef’s Life: An Interview with Pierce Buckman
- True Success is Making Others Successful
- Cyber Resilience: Protecting Companies from Cyber-Triggered Business Disasters
- The Five Traits of Effective Sponsors
- The IT Department is Dead. All Hail the Digital Enterprise!
- Don’t Forget These “Four Gets” When You Start Your Job
- Discovering Your Purpose
- Time Management Ain’t Easy
- Passing the Podium
- Activating the Digital Enterprise
- Using Technology to Close the Global Education Gap
- Do Your Job as if Someone is Watching
- I Have Seen the Future, and it is Bright!
- Remembering Dizzy: Wonderdog Extraordinaire!
- The Meaning of (Digital) Life
- The Things We Carry
- To MBA or Not to MBA
- The Method to Creative Madness
Justin Greis is a Partner/Principal in the Advisory practice of EY. He leads the Cybersecurity Strategy, Risk, Compliance and Resilience (SRC&R) Practice within EY’s Cybersecurity Consulting group. Justin has more than eighteen years of cross-industry management consulting and executive leadership experience in information technology with specializations in: IT strategy, digital and emerging technologies, architecture, cybersecurity, IT GRC, program management, systems development and implementation, cloud, analytics, and technology transformation. Prior to this role, Justin built and led EY’s Digital Enterprise practice which focused on designing and activating digital technologies and experiences for large, global companies. In 2010, Justin won EY’s Chairman’s Values Award, the firm’s highest honor, for his outstanding commitment to the firm’s values and its people.
Prior to EY, Justin worked as a senior consultant for Protiviti in Paris and also led the technology organization development of the Eppley Institute for Parks and Public Lands, a non-profit consulting organization. Justin was also the founder of an IT consulting company, BrainOrbit, which specialized in implementing web-based solutions. Justin served as CEO for four years before joining EY.
Justin currently also serves as professor of Information Systems at Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business, where he teaches IT Governance, Risk and Controls in the Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program and IT Risk Management in the Kelley School of Business (“Kelley Direct”) Online MBA Program. In 2009, Justin, alongside Dr. Ramesh Venkataraman, won 1st place at the Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems Conference for “Best Innovation in Teaching” for their cutting-edge teaching methods in the MSIS program.
Justin holds a Bachelor of Science (BS) and an Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Accounting and Information Systems from Indiana University, Bloomington. Justin and his wife, Katharine, founded the EY, James Buckman Memorial Scholarship in memory of Katharine’s father. Justin holds the following certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, GIAC/GSEC, PMP, CIPP, ITIL, CRISC, and TOGAF. Justin serves on the Board of Trustees at Merit School of Music in Chicago and is the percussionist and vocalist in EY’s American PI Band (Winner of the Fortune Magazine, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Corporate Battle of the Bands). When not serving his clients, Justin enjoys playing drums, harmonica, photography and rock collecting. Justin can also be reached through his blog, Progressology, where he writes about a variety of issues focused on the central theme of progress.
Below is a listing of publications, whitepapers, and articles to which I have contributed to or written. I am always happy to contribute to industry publications or thought leadership. Simply contact me and I will be in touch shortly. I look forward to hearing from you.
- Rackspace Solve, San Francisco 2016: “Protecting the Promise of a Better Tomorrow” (Website / Overview)
- EY, “Building Trust in the Cloud”
- EY, “Bring Your Own Device (BYOD): Security and Risk in Mobile Device Programs
- Time Magazine, “Colleges of the Year: Research University – Indiana University”
- EY, “Are You Ready for a HIPAA Audit: Avoid Getting the Next Million-Dollar Penalty”
- EY, “Ready for Takeoff: Preparing for Your Journey into the Cloud”
- EY, “Cloud Computing: Issues and Impacts”
- EY, “A Risk-Based Approach to Segregation of Duties”
- ISACA, “5 Questions with Justin Greis”
- Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, “An Innovative Approach to Teaching IT Governance, Risk and Controls”
- IT Business Edge, “Executive Insights for Building Trust in the Cloud”
- Baseline Magazine, “How to Deploy Safe, Effective Clouds”
- IT Business Edge, “Move from ‘The Cloud’ to ‘The Optimal Cloud'”
- Cloud Hosting, “Building Trust in the Cloud”
- EY, “Governing the Cloud”
- Board Matters Quarterly (EY), “Putting Your Trust in the Cloud”
- Board Matters Quarterly (EY), “Computing Beyond the Borders of Your Business”
- Board Matters Quarterly (EY), “The Business of Social Media”
- eSecurity Planet, “BYOD Should Begin with Business Case”
- EY, “Building Trust in the Cloud: Creating Confidence in Your Cloud Ecosystem”
- Blues in Britain, Issue 164, August 2015. “The Instrument: Dannecker Harmonicas”
All views expressed by the author are his own and do not reflect the views or opinions of any other author, organization, or company with which this author is associated or employed.